1. All Crane Rental members of CCRA who are Voting Members in good standing as of December 31of the contest year and of the application date may apply for the Safety Award.
2. All entries must be received at the Association office no later than April 15 of the year following the contest year to be considered.
3. All information submitted including reports on injuries, illnesses and lost time days will be kept confidential by CCRA staff and not shared with other CCRA members.
4. Requested information must be calculated from January 1 to December 31 of the contest year.
5. Only companies with statistics for the full twelve (12) months will be eligible for the competition.
6. The company shall not have had a fatality in the year of the contest.
7. The company shall have a Workers’ Compensation Modification Rate of 1.0 or less and a Total Recordable Incident Rate of 1.75 or less. Entrants must submit a completed application form along with the following documents:
i. Workers compensation board injury reporting form for each province the Company does business.
ii. WCB Premium rate report for each province the Company does business.
8. TRIR (“Total Recordable Incident Rate”) will be the primary method for deciding award. When calculating incident rate, recordable incidents and man hours worked should be included for all applicant company WCB registrations.
TRIR = [(number of recordable injuries and illnesses)*(200,000)] \ [person hours worked]
Recordable Injuries Illnesses is defined as: “every occupational death; every non-fatal occupational illness; and those nonfatal occupational injuries which involve one or more of the following: loss of consciousness, restriction of work or motion, transfer to another job, or medical treatment (other than first aid).”
9. At the discretion of the CCRA’s Safety Awards Committee, entrants may be required to submit verification of their application information.
10. At the discretion of CCRA’s Safety Awards Committee, serious property damage incidents may disqualify the company from winning an award.
Click on Link Below for Safety Awards Form:
If you have any questions, please contact Claire Belanger-Parker by email at : claire(at)ccra-aclg.ca or by phone at 306-585-2722.
Safety Award Seal Usage
As a value offered to our members, the Safety Award winners are invited to participate in a licensing program giving them the right to use the Canadian Crane Rental Association’s Safety Award Winner designation in their own publicity, marketing campaigns and packaging.
Ways to use the Winner Seal:
The Winner Seal amplifies consumer awareness and communicates that the service was awarded the prestigious Canadian Crane Rental Association of Canada’s Award for Safety.
The Seal can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Websites and other online media
- Print media
- Advertising campaigns
- In-store displays
- Social media
- Email signature
As recipients of the Safety Awards, member companies will receive:
- Media release template
- Photo taken by professional photographer at the award presentation
- Added visibility on CCRA’s website and social media
- Added visibility in crane publications